Thursday, June 02, 2005

Pink Eye and Ticks! A little TMI!

Oh, my friends, the joys of my world! After my wonderful night, one knew the other shoe was about to drop.

I woke up to a crusty icky eye. I knew immediately it was Pink Eye, because Spiderman had his last week. Lucky Lucky Me!!!! As I was in bed, I felt that the eye was a little heavy and puffy. Nothing prepared me for what I was about to see. I scared myself. My left eye was so swollen shut it made my husband jump. LOL. Delightful, huh?

Then as I'm washing my face and digging for the leftover pink eye cream Spidey walks in with his pants around his ankles. My daily readers are probably thinking what I was. I thought he was going to show me his "pee pee that grew"....no not even close! (Thank goodness for small miracles.) It was however totally disgusting! Let's all remember I am from So Cal and am new to all this outdoorsy tree filled land.

Ready...

He had a tick on his penis! OMG!!!!!!!! I almost hurled. I freaked out. I'm still wondering if I need to take him to the doctor, but haven't a clue. So, I guess I'll call. Well, I picked that boy up so fast, put him on the counter, and grabbed that black bug just like the hubby told me to. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH! That damn tick was still moving his legs when I got him out. You have no idea how disgusting it was!

Hubby immediately said he thought we would have to do tick checks whenever we came inside from now on. I told him to have fun! All of this before 7:00! So, now I'm drinking my coffee and waking up. I have banned all tick talk from the kids and hopefully the day will bring better things than the early morning did. :)

XOXO
C

6 comments:

Peanutt said...

I think this was worse than the beetle in my dogs waterbowl! YUCK!
As for the pink eye, I hope it gets better quick! I have never had it myself, but lucky me, gets styes! Those are just as much fun! UGH! Sounds like a Monday....
Big hugz to you!

Christie E. Little said...

LOL...I'm lucky I have a sense of humor. How is it that P and D have never had pink eye! LOL!!! D just wait she's still little little. It's coming...lol. :)_

P...Waaaaaay worse than the beetle in the dog bowl. I called the pediatrician and I wasn't laughed at, like I was with the "penis growing" questions. LOL. I just have to keep an eye on it. Lovely!
M....Swollen for a week! NO WAY!

Mama Duck said...

Holy crap...Poor Spidey!!!! There certainly couldn't be a worse place to get a tick for a boy, I'm sure.

Hey! The good news is that your eye will match your new pink phone!!!! :)

Christie E. Little said...

MD....Thank you for the coffee spill once again! I'm cracking up...co-resident smartass!

How about this...pink eye, sore boobies and the period starting all in the same day!

Woohooo! I called Sugar Daddy (or as Middle Princess called him yesterday Candy Man..lol...seriously) and told him it's hard being me today. He laughed and told me I have the life.

Yep!

Me said...

Omigoodness...what a horrid spot to get a tick! Hope it's better now...and your pink eye! I've never had it, but I can imagine. Hope all's better soon!!

Fej said...

Despite laughing so hard at reading this, I feel really bad for Spidey. Well, you too, Pink Eye sucks.

Good luck with all that, wow.