Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Happy Tuesday!

Last night was a great night. I found a little something for the kids to go for three hours for the rest of the week. A little day camp..at night. :)

I went for a salad with a girlfriend, ordered a glass of shiraz, and then realized I was still hot all over from working out! Woohoo...I'm burning calories again. I did 4 miles on the treadmill and then came home to walk the dog. I fed the kids, took a shower...then realized it was time to drop them off.

My point is, yesterday turned around! Not only did I get out into the sun and my brain got those endorphines pumping. I sooned realized that I was soooo going to be able to do another year of him in Iraq. I'm a strong cookie.

Well, today is going to be a good day. All the suits are washed and I think we're headed to the pool again. If any of you have a Y, Just Join! It's wonderful. Free child care while you work out or even enjoy the sun without them...and tons of activities. Most of them have parents' night out twice a month for 4 hours. Sooooo, my friends....it's totally worth it.

Today there will be no pity parties, but I have hats and cocktails for anyone that needs them.
XOXO
C

10 comments:

Marie said...

I am SO happy for you, Christie, in that you turned this corner. I love having those moments of realization in knowing "I will be okay" and that I have the inner stuff to take on life's challenges. You are strong and amazing! And I would love to join you in the happy fest with a cocktail in hand. :-)

Mama Duck said...

SIGN ME UP FOR THE COCKTAILS!!!

Glad to hear you had a "Trun-around" day! It's amazing how strong we are when we come out of those tailspins! :)

Christie E. Little said...

Ok hunnies...Cocktails in Nashville...Hubby is gone for another 15 days! LOL!

I make a mean margarita, plus I have a ton of the Sandra Lee shows Tivo'd (from food network) and she finishes every show with an amazing cocktail!

I'm not a lush, but sometimes we just need to indulge!
PS..you guys are great.
xoxo
C

Marie said...

Yumm....I am always up for a good margarita. In fact, it's Taco Tuesday tonight at the brewery down the street ($1.50 delicious tacos and margarita specials)....I agree - it's good to indulge now and then. P.s. - I think you're pretty great too! :-)

Christie E. Little said...

Marie, You have a job!

Ready!

Go to Rubios and have a Fish taco or two for me! LOL! Yummm! Yummmm! Yummmm! We don't have Rubios here. I'm just craving some yummy fish tacos. For those of you who have never had them...you're not allowed to say gross. They're amazing!
XOXO
C

Carrie said...

did someone say DRINKS????


I knew my radar was going off for a reason!!


Congrats on the sucessful day, and the journey to happy-ville. just remember it's very well deserved, and the happier you are, the better of a parent you'll be to the kids!

rock on, sister... and make mine a double!

Peanutt said...

I don't need a pity party but I'll take a hat and a few cocktails!!!! I'm glad your feeling better!

Jewl said...

Yeah, I had my pity party not long ago but it is over with. I will be fine while my hubby is in Iraq. I am woman, hear me roar!! LOL..

Marie said...

LOL, Christie. There's a Rubio's about 1 mile down the street from me and I do go there frequently. The first time I tried a fish taco was when I visited the Rubios near San Diego State. I will definitely have a couple of fish tacos for you...easy job for me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Lesbianas es Locate same day cash advance web power station video keno pay back statics Anti cellulite diet keno strategy books Lexapro adverse side effects Mortgage payments chart