Friday, June 03, 2005

Allowance...

Now, let me just start by saying this is a semi-rant! LOL.

I stay at home with the kids. Yes on our 1040 my occupations is "House Wife!" UGH! I am so not a screaming liberal, but I think I do have quite liberal tendencies considering my hubby is a Marine Officer. All that being said....I am wondering something.

How many of you get an "allowance?" Hmmmm! It sounds sooooo dominating of him, but we all know who runs this house. LOL. Yes, me. So, this morning I had to email him for some money. Yes, after I made $625 from my MK on Wednesday. His email back to me was ....Where did the $60 go from Wednesday? Got to love it. I don't know.

First of all $60 just goes so fast on Wednesdays. All my magazines come out on Wednesdays. Yes, I read all the smut. I don't drink or do drugs (except a little Z), so reading is my fix. Yes...magazines and books. Ok. Then, there are the kids. Goodies. Treats. You get my drift. (Oh, yes..I was informed last night how much of a push over I am). LOL..well thanks.

Back to today's request. Yes I asked for more money. He called, finally...and told me he popped $100 in and would prefer me to use cash instead of my cards. He says i'm not too good with the cards. Yeah yeah yeah. Something about me not keeping track. He is a total anal money hubby. Oh yes we look for $45,000 cars, but I am questioned about my magazine purchasing habits.!!!!! Men. My man! He told me, though, when we buy our next house (probably moving who knows where next year) it will be my dream house and I'll thank him. Well ok, then. :)

I wonder what he has in store for my birthday! Hmmmm.

Ok...my rant is done. I know most of you probably do the money. Mmmmm not me. I used to, but it's much easier this way. He's got spreadsheets, Quicken, and who knows how many accts. I guess I'll stick to having a little slush fund (yes that's right) and promising to buy a cute bra or thong if he throws in a little extra! :) It always works for me.

That's all for now. Just don't forget I was the one who did all the house buying...so I'm not as weak as one might think. LOL!

XOXO
Christie

6 comments:

Taylor said...

I hear yah on this one girl. I don't get a specific allowance but I do get "What in the hell did you buy today?!" and "You spent $27 on hair products?!". LOL! MEN!

Choppzs said...

Hi, I found you from my sister Beth's blog. Is your husband in the Marine Corps? My husband and I just got out of the Marine Corps after 8 yrs. I know what you mean about the money thing while they are away. Except on my side, I take care of the bills, and it was my husband calling or emailing asking for money! lol

Me said...

Ditto with me and handling the money, but I don't have to worry about getting any wired. I say indulge girlfriend because that's a much better addiction than some of the other things out there!

Bart Treuren said...

an "allowance"? lucky you, hang on to that and value it...
put yourself in the position of a breadwinner who gets bled dry and then is berated because the family can't go on holidays three times a year, etc...

Peanutt said...

Well, being I'm the one who handles the money....lol, nah, he gets to handle his own check. But I say enjoy all those magazines because you deserve it! We know that Mom is REALLY in charge! (we just like to make them think they are!!!)
Have a GREAT day!!! Gotta get some coffee and read your other posts that I've missed! Hugz~

Mama Duck said...

(sheepishly raises hand) I have an allowance. Actually, both Sugar Daddy and I get the same amount of spending money per month so that we never have that, "You don't work, so you can't spend" argument or "You spent how much on that organizing crap!?!?" Thus far it's worked out well but for the stupid hairdresser that I now love but steals all my monies!!!