Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day Thoughts..

This Father's Day is a little different. I have My Dad, My Biological who has come back into my life, and the hubby who is gone (4th year in a row.) All I can say is wow. Some people don't know their father and now I have not one, but two.

My Mom loves me more than anything, but yes she's a little nuts. Ok, more than a little. I'm so thankful for my Dad that raised me, went to everything I ever did. All my cheer competitions, awards ceremonies, school awards, a wonderful education, hunting me down in Huntington Beach when I decided to stay out all night with the other cheer leaders, and cooking every meal was my dad.

My biological is here in my life now. I feel badly for him. He wanted me in his world and it just didn't happen. I can't judge my Mom about everything, because she did the best she could. It is what it is.

So on this Father's Day...I'm blessed. My children are blessed. It's just a little bittersweet. It's a good day, though. At least the hubby will be home next weekend for the kids.

Oh and for the funny moment of the day. I wore white cute pants today. As soon as I got home from church they were dirty. They were dirty with little finger prints all over my thighs. I began to think...who wears white with kids? Then there was Mama Duck who brought me back to reality. We only wear then when we're not with the kids! Ahhhhh! Now I remember! They were cute, though, while they lasted. :)
XOXO
C

8 comments:

Bart Treuren said...

hi sunshine,

from one crazy dad on a totally mixed up and insane fathers day, congratulations to you and yours :P with all you've got going for you...

cheers,
bart

Christie E. Little said...

You're sweet..and thank you.

Peanutt said...

I'm glad you feel blessed! Too many of us let all the blessings pass by without even knowing them! Big hugz to you!
And what were you thinking about EVER wearing white! LOL, I could wear white when the kids weren't around and somehow the fingerprints or something would still find me!!!

Jewl said...

Hey chicky, is your hubby is Yuma right now? That is where mine is but he should be back next weekend too... Hugs to you and glad that you are doing good.

Christie E. Little said...

He's in Yakima, WA. Too funny. They're both at Annual Training. Mine will be home next weekend too!

I bet we know some of the same people.
LOL...small small world.
XOXO
C

Marie said...

Hi chica,
I love what you wrote and I'm glad that you are feeling so blessed. You recognize what is good and meaningful in your life. :-) I'm also glad to hear that your hubby will be back next weekend!

After I saw your comment earlier, I could totally imagine us chatting and laughing over a glass of wine outside on this beautiful day. You know what kind of day I'm talkin' about!

Hugs,
M

Taylor said...

I wore white pants yesterday too. Of course they were ruined before I even got to where I was going! ACK! Damn white pants! LOL!

Chief Slacker said...

Isn't that like parentling / babysitting rule #1? Whatever you're wearing is going to get dirty. :O)

liek wearing black pants in a house with a white cat. Put em on, don't touch anything, and get the hell out of there ;O)