Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Tonight's The Night We'll Make History......

Here is the Way Back Wednesday Post for today! Mama D
started a great little post fun! Today's entry is Prom!

Tonight's the night we'll make history....Hunny you and I!

Yes, crappy picture, but you can swee the fro and cute cute dress! lol. It was a satin peach. He was sporting the matching Tie. We were quite the cute couple.

It was 1988 and I was dating Bill H. He was my first everything.
Hmmmmm My first love, my first boyfriend that lasted longer than a few months. He was my first time. He was the one I freaked out with condoms with. He was the one I followed to college.

No one could tell me it wouldn't last! I was sure he was THE ONE. Oh young blind love. :) It was sweet though. It lasted until we actually got to college. We went a semester before me and I transferred! Of course I did. It was true love.

Sooooo, When I got there in January...it was over. I just didn't know it. I , however, left his room and ended up in the elevator of my dorm and met the man that would be my fiance....we just didn't end up getting married, because I wasn't Jewish. Hmmm...and my favorite saying....and life goes on. :)

See my sweeties...we all have a story of lost love.
XOXO
C

17 comments:

Peanutt said...

Awww, thats a good picture!!! It looks like your giggling!!!! Ok, I played!!!!

Taylor said...

Oh so cute! I wanted to do this and forgot so I'll have to go dig out my pictures!

Dottie said...

I had a peach satin dress in 88, too! I'll have to dig out the picture! Oh the big hair that I had! LOL I married my 88 prom date, took me a few years apart to realize I wanted him but now he's mine! :) Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Melissa said...

Nice story and great picture! I need to do this one. Let's see if I can dig up a picture!

Melissa said...

Nice story and great picture! I need to do this one. Let's see if I can dig up a picture!

Me said...

Great picture! I almost wish I had been a teenager in the 80's...LOL.

Ah, lost love...I had that too.

Charlie Mc said...

great pic and great story!

Carrie said...

never mind the lost love.... PEACH SATIN!!! NICE!!!


...only slightly higher on the fashion scale than my irridescent purple prom dress in 1990!!!

your face does not look like it's changed!!! what's your secret??

Christie E. Little said...

Let's see...who needs to post their prom pic?
Taylor...young and Beautiful!
Cat...you updo prom girly..marrying your prom date!
Oh Peanutt...You said it...hair down to your ass...but you were a hot 80s babe!
Melissa and Dottie...Get on it!
Oh Beth..you know you want to put your prom picture up for us!
C-Mac...Do guys keep their Prom pictures in little memory boxes like all of us do?! Come on we dare you!
Sweet Carrie...I need to see that dress!

Me said...

Mmm I tried to guess the year by looking at the picture and I was only 1 year off. :) I guessed 1987. You look so CUTE in that photo... you've grown to be 'beautiful' now so 'cute' is certainly a wonderful compliment. Thanks for playing!

Marie said...

Aww...that's an awesome pic and cool story!! I have the same "perm" thing going on in mine. My pics are back at home though and I'm still stuck here in L.A.!!!

Chief Slacker said...

Theres one prom I wouldn't remeber and one I would... fair trade I guess? heh

Mama Duck said...

Awwww, so sweet! I too had a satin peach prom dress, but it was more southern belle-ish.

Isn't it amazing how the man you "know" is the one, turns out NOT to be the one? I know that too my friend!

Christie E. Little said...

Merrit..you were so close! Mine was in 88, my senior year!

My sweet Cali Girl...Get that picture up and posted! I need to see the hair.

Mama...sweetie...what did we know back then? I thought I knew it all and man did I have it wrong. Now look at us. Woohooo for the 30's.

Let's do perm shots soon!

Erik Holtan said...

Saw the comments on my site, and I like coming to yours! Sorry your man will be coming over next year!
I thank you for supporting men like us though! Awesome women like you and my wife are the only reason we can survive these things!
And kids! But the women(spouses) are the glue that hold it all together! Have a great day, and I love Styx and that song you rprom eluded to!
Erik

Bart Treuren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bart Treuren said...

sweet post sunshine... firsts of anything are pretty special, thanks for sharing that one... better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all ;-)