Monday, July 18, 2005

I AM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!!!!!!

Warning: The following post contains highly female subjects that include, shopping, puberty, and yes...periods! Men...if you read any further, just know you've been warned!
Oooooh so you love my glasses, huh! You have to go to the website I found the adorable Tini glassesat. Here it is Cute Glass Site!!!!

I love them and look at all the different styles. Plus, there are some really cool little kitcshy things for the house!
**********************************************************
Ok, on to the SHOCKER of the day. The reason I haven't posted until 5PM during the witching hour will be soooooooooo fucking (yes I said it) earth rattling. My sweet friends, it can't be happening. I am a YOUNG 35. I mean, I just turned 35, sorry Mama D...20/15.

My day started out as any normal day. I woke up surprisingly refreshed. The coffee was delicious and the children weren't even too demanding. You see, young moms, every once in a while you need to allow yourself to buy Poptarts. LOL..Yes I know the sugar, but the thought of not having to slave over breakfast for three different meals (they all like different things) makes a mommy smile sometimes.

Ok, I'll fast forward. I was in my delightful, dancing around the house mood. I had the kids get their suits on for the pool. We were off to enjoy a little sun. My daughter rushed down. This was my almost 11 year old. "Mommy Mommy"....she's crying so hard. (Men cover your eyes...I'm warning..lol) I run to her. She screams...she's bleeding. Yes...you guessed. My almost 11 year old told me she was bleeding...she hadn't a clue, but her little period started!!!!!!

OMG!!!! I'm way too young for this. I know...all about me, but just bear with me. I explain what's happening. I remind her we talked about this. Talk about drama my friends. I wasn't excited. My baby is 10/12...this is too early. UGH. Anywhoo, it gets worse. She then goes into how she is now able to start shaving. Ummmmmmmmmmmm NO I say. She reminded me how I told her when the hair under her armpits come in black...well then I'll buy her the cute little Pink razor she has her eye on. She proceeded to tell me it wasn't black under her armpits, but she counted 24 black hairs.....yep...Need I say more! UGH!!!!!

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

XOXO
Christie



14 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my gosh! Yes, you are a very young 35 (hell, i'm almost there in a few months) so this must be kind of trippy! Wow! This is TMI, but I didn't start mine until I was 14 1/2 (late bloomer). So now she's wanting to do all the "womanly" stuff like shave and wear make up perhaps? ;)

Christie E. Little said...

Oh you guys..thanks for the note. I'm telling you...now all the mood swings make a little sense now. She is tall, though. My hubby is 6'4". She's 5' and whe'll be 11 in January. Soooo she is taller. I started at 11, so I was expecting it soon...just not all the INFO.

I know it was TMI...but I've been a stress case about it today. Thanks for listening!
XOXO
C

Marie said...

No worries, girl! Even though you know and expect it to happen, when it does it's still like a shock. I mean, she's still your little girl. :-) But now she'll be going through all the hormone stuff!

Mama Duck said...

Awwwwwww, that's so sweet and sad all at once!!!!

I am not ready for this and am not sure I ever will be.

((hugs and well wishes for you both!!))

Bart Treuren said...

ok, just a little "father of three daughters" input here ;-).. yep, little girls grow up (said he, whistfully), with all the attendant changes... my second daughter (12) went out shopping yesterday and came home looking like a 15 year old and one does worry a bit i guess, the rate that everything changes...

Liesl said...

I bear with you, girls start their periods so early nowadays. I only started when a was almost 14.

Just take it easy and try not to take it too fast with her.. a mother knwos best ;)

Me said...

Wow...11???!!! Geesh, I was nearly 15!

I hear you girl...I know I won't be ready for the day my little Gracie starts that. I curse the day.

Let the fun begin :)

Jewl said...

Good Lord woman, you are making me nervous, I don't want to even think about all that stuff yet. Next come the boys.... *sigh*

Charlie Mc said...

Calgon, hahahaha.....hang in there!

Peanutt said...

OMG! I think I need a calgon bath after this!!! I will thank my lucky stars right now that I have only two boys (and yes, I secretly want a girl or another boy doesn't matter) (oops, secrets out!)

Poptarts? Honey, my household is a must have poptart house! Of course, the spoiled brats get chocolate chip pancakes on saturdays and sundays!!! LOL.
Big hugs to you girlyfriend!!! I'll drink a christitini for you!!!!

Christie E. Little said...

Cat!!!! No way hunny I only spent $80/4! Not cheap..but I saved up the allowance hunny. :)


A little update...I cuddled in bed with Princess 1 this morning after waking her up to go to the pool. They really do grow up so fast. We're snuggling and she tells me what a great mommy I am. She's glad i'm her mommy. She then asks me if I think daddy was ok when she announced at dinner that her P started and that she had 24 little hairs! LOL..thats right my baby announcced it at dinner. My husband nearly died. I got up..poured him a nice glass of wine...and we just continued with dinner. He congratulated her...and I just got teary. How cool that she feels so comfy to announce this. I guess I've done something right.
XOXO
C

Peanutt said...

LMAO!!!!

Christie E. Little said...

Peanutt! You just laugh away baby!

Dottie said...

This made me laugh and cry all at the same time! We just went thru this in May and my DD will be 13 this next month. She is 5' 6.5" and has a bigger foot than I do, though. I cried all night when Morgan came home and told me, I was still 33~ It takes your Mommy/Daughter relationship to a while new level. Morgan and I are within days of each other on our cycle, everyone here ducks for cover when they realize the storm is upon them! :)