Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Our President...

Friends...you all know if you want a political debate this isn't the place to come. However, tonight is different. I sat here and watched the announcement tonight. I already knew his choice, but I still had to watch. Trust me when I say Big Brother was more exciting.

This afternoon I actually had hope. I was sooo surprised with all the talk of a Woman replacing Justice O'Conner. Then a news break flashed across the screen. He picked a conservative who ran his recount in Florida. I was sad. I wasn't surprised, but sad.

I'm more sad because now we have to listen to Dem Vs Rep talk about reversing Roe V Wade. Give me a good trial on Court TV and I'm all over it. This is just going to take us down a road that I don't think so many of us want to go through.


********
On a lighter note...Chinese was yummy...and he fell asleep early. I know just how to work it. LOL.
XOXO
Christie

9 comments:

Charlie Mc said...

further proof that George W is a moron....

Christie E. Little said...

Absolutely! See...I knew I liked you.

Fej said...

I'm goint to keep my thoughts to myself here (but read all about it tomorrow) and yet still wonder about Chinese food.

Marie said...

Christie - yes, I have been reading all about this new appointment. No big surprise on his choice...GW makes me shudder but that's another topic in itself.

Marie said...

P.S. - glad you enjoyed the chinese food. I was craving that tonight! :)

Christie E. Little said...

Cat..You know exacatly what I mean though! LOL!!!! After a day with the kids, sun, laundry, folding, ...blah blah blah..sometimes you're just tired at bedtime. :)

Marie.Shuddering is an understatement. I'm thinking after he went to bed with Laura...W didn't get any either. LOL. She wanted a woman.

Jeff..What are you wondering about? :)

Christie E. Little said...

Cat...you so get me.

Diana... NO BASHING ALLOWED towards you. It's sooo ok hunny if you love W..LOL! I soooo don't hold it against you. I'm an equal opportunity Moderate Marine wife who never voted for Bush.

Remember I'm the one who threatened the hubby with Kerry signs in the lawn when he pissed me off.
LOL!
XOXO
C

Chief Slacker said...

I knew all the talk ab out him trying to put a moderate woman in aas a replacement was a bunch of hooie. And how can you not expect him to "legislate from the bench" when he's already made comments that several Supreme court decisions were wrong and need to be reversed?

Ug!

Mmm, chinese!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your posts.