Monday, July 04, 2005

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!

I woke up this morning dragging my sun soaked tired self to the coffee maker. I pulled out the yummy Blue Mountain Coffee and it was so good. I turned on CNN and watched the Comet pictures and then watched how the little girl in Idaho was found! Now, they've found another lost member of the special ops Seal Team. I love good news!!

Then my husband and I listened to Bush continue to relate 9/11 to Iraq. Oh...I started with my sarcastic smartass comments. My hubby stopped me in my tracks. If you don't already know..My parents were hippies. I'm quite a bit more liberal than my Marine hubby. In college...who knew what the future would be like. Now, however...here we are. He did say in a complete non smartass tone that Today wasn't the day to mock Bush or the war. I have my days when I love Bush and when I hate Bush. Some days I'm a non liberal with just liberal tendancies...others I'm the daughter of those former hippies. Oh yeah...and my hippy father is now a "Rocket Scientist." Oh how life changes. So, after that exchange I agreed. I would shut up. We're lucky to be Americans. SOOOOO LUCKY!

I LOVE THAT WE CAN MAKE OUR LIVES WHATEVER WE WANT. WE CONTROL OUR OWN DESTINY.


Thanks to our brave founders we have FREEDOM!
We have the Freedom to:
Vote
Believe
Complain
Elect
Party
Choose
March
Pray
Speak
Worship
Oh and of course...BLOG!
Happy 4th my sweet friends! I hope you're all having a wonderful day and forgive me for my sappy moment. I'm just feeling quite patriotic today!
XOXO
Christie



4 comments:

Jewl said...

A Big OhhRahh from one Marine Wife to another... Happy 4th!

Choppzs said...

I felt extremely patriotic this 4th also! I also wanted to stand at attention when the "Marine Hymn" came on the radio playing along with the fireworks! lol We are extremely lucky to be Americans and I am so proud of our military!

LizzieDaisy said...

That was good. Thanks! :) And hug your Marine hubby for me... that takes guts.

Marie said...

I hope you had a great 4th! It sounds like you did. Great post too. :-) I have so much to catch up on with you all...I'll read up on all of your blogs tomorrow. I need to get to sleep. ;)