Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A thought and a joke!

Well, yesterday I was nostaligic. No kidding, huh. LOL! Well I ended up at Dr. Calm today and he said all my nostalgia and dreams was just my innerself reacting to my stress. Hmmmm. Whatever, but he really does help on most days.

Did you guys know that I don't have to be "everyone's" glue. Cracking up here. Hmmm, I don't think the counters would get wiped or dishwasher emptied if I didn't. Who would wash the towels after the pool and make sure the kids were sunscreened up. :) Ok, but I do get his whole point. I need to find time for me. Easier said from a single man with no children..I'm guessing. I even had to explain the whole Julie McCoy thing. LOL. Oh please.

Oh hey...want to hear the joke my 10 year old learned at church camp? I knew you did.

A 3 year old boy asked his mommy if he could hop in the shower with her.
She said sure...just don't look up or down.
He did and asked what are those...she said those two things are headlights.
Then he looked down and said...what is that?
She said it was grass.
The shower was soon over.
Then his dad hopped in the shower and he hopped in with the daddy.
Daddy what's that?
Oh...it's a snake.
Later that night he went in his parents' room and asked if he could hop in bed with them.
The mom said sure but he had to keep his eyes to himself.
Finally he screamed,"Hey Mommy turn on the headlights...the snake is in your grass."

Delightful! At church camp! Yep!
LOL!
XOXO
C

6 comments:

LizzieDaisy said...

OMGosh, I remember that joke! And I'm 37. Hm. Still funny. To me. Don't you just love knowing your kids are safe from all that is evil when you send them to church and parochial school? Okay, that's just me... And YES, I'm kidding. :)

Fej said...

She learned that at church camp?

I hope you had a good 4th of July, ours was good.

Erik Holtan said...

Thanks for posting something on my site! I thought the $ comment was funny, but hey if I am gonna have those ad things, I guess you have to maximize them right!
Is your hubby still in the marines?
Have a good day!
Erik

Taylor said...

LOL! I remember that from when I was a child also! Omigosh that is funny that your kid actually came home and told you that!

Bart Treuren said...

very good... he's learning to do wordplay's already :D
yep, church camp's the perfect way to develop cynicism... been there, done that ;-) and yet that little bit of worthwhile stuff lingered in the back of my mind and survived the atrocities of the decades, only now I'm starting to suspect what the "bit picture "might be..

Peanutt said...

I remember that joke! LMAO!
And I sooooo hear you about who would do this or that if I didn't???? That really stresses me out. Especially when hubby has two weeks off and dinner can't be cooked and he KNOWS what I'm gonna make! Grrrrr, neck tensing as I'm think about it....so now I will just breathe.....ahh, much better!