Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sunny Wednesday

I had a great lunch with a wonderful girlfriend yesterday! She reminded me that my doctor is right. I will only have relationships "On My Own Terms." It was nice to know that my real girlfriends are truly wonderful. We had the last lunch before she went in today to be induced to have her baby! It was just a sweet lunch.

So, things are better and I"m treasuring my real friendships. I don't have to keep the unhealthy user people in my world. It's funny that at my age I'm just now getting it.

It's ok to change my mind! This I know for sure, if I can't change my mind...then who will change it for me. Sooo...it's going to be a wonderful Wednesday. This I know for sure...:)

XOXO
C

3 comments:

Bart Treuren said...

hey sunshine, the relationships you can conduct on your own terms and yet you can let yourself go and compromise at will are worth their weight in gold...

it's all about acceptance and being true to yourself, but keeping an eye on the needs and wishes of others... take care...

Christie E. Little said...

Let me clarify "on my own terms." I mean that I won't tolerate people in my world who take and take and take from me. I want healthy relationships where people give and take. I'm the worst people pleaser I know. I'm working on bounderies and figuring out when I"m being taken advantage of. It's taking a while, but I get it now. I love and cherish my friends. It's just sad when the "toxic" ones drain the life from you. It's not their fault...it's mine for allowing it. So, that's what I'm working on in my life. I just know I deserve so much more than the takers. :) Make sense?

Fej said...

Tough stuff to figure out if you ask me. I'd like to think that a reasonable person wouldn't take advantage of someone else.

I'd also like to think that there are a lot of reasonable people out there... nope.