Thursday, May 19, 2005

A few thoughts for today...

I was watching the news last night and theyhad guys dressed up as Star Wars characters and doing choreographed Light Saber dances, for loss of a better word. Riddle me this...what kind of person camps out for days, dresses like their favorite Jedi character, and then performs the "routine" with a light saber before Star Wars opens? They're a bunch of geeks. These guys are officially tied with the people who dress up and go to Star Trek conventions! LOL. It's just the funniest thing. Where do they get so much time? Do they work? Go to school? LOL...I'm sure they brought their wireless computers,Macs of course, to play SW games while they waited.

I do have a good memory. It was 76 or 77 and it was the original Star Wars. My mom and her girlfriend (single hotties) were going out, so I was getting babysat by the girfriend's son and his friend. We watched Star Wars at Manns Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. The guys were aspiring film makers. They taped the movie with a tape recorder. It was too funny. I remember it to this day. It was quite the life I had growing up. I am a lucky girl. It didn't hit me until this morning that I, too, had special Star Wars memories...but you won't see me dressing up like Princess Leah and camping out. Although, the thought of the sexy Princess Leah costume would be fun...lol.

TTFN...XOXO and to my Geeky Star Wars friends....Let the force be with you!

Oh and PS...My hubby gave all the guys at work the day off so they could go watch the movie...Yeah I know....UGH! LOL
XOXO,
Christie

5 comments:

Peanutt said...

My hubby works midnights so I would not be surprised if he didn't make a jaunt over to the closest movie theatre to see the movie. He already had it written on the calendar the day it was coming out and informed me a month ago that he would be seeing it three times! Ugh, can we say LOSER GEEK????? LOL, I think he would dress up like Darth Vader if he could! LOL, hopefully its not that bad, but sometimes it seems that way!
Have a good day, Jedi Master!

Lori said...

Diana I am right there with you girl. I just CANNOT get into it....

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »