Monday, May 30, 2005

Game Time...!

I know some of you have played already, so you don't have to play...but I tag everyone who hasn't played!!!! (Thanks Peanutt.)

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find.
Do the one thats actually right next to you.

From: Sushi For Beginners. Marianne Keys.

'Okay, everyone thought she was a bitch, but they had no conception of the pressure she was under. '

Now, I tag whoever wants grab a book and write a line.
XOXO

7 comments:

Lori said...

I'm assuming we put it here in YOUR journal? I love this by the way! Ok here's mine:

"No, she needed yarn later. After she found out she wasn't going to have another baby."

The book is called Some of Her Friends That Year. New and selected stories by Maxine Chernoff.

Fej said...

Okay, here goes:

"People spoke about him in whispers, thinking, stupidly, that the nicknames and rumors would never get back to him."

Tom Clancy, Debt of Honor.

Melissa said...

I did this on my blog also (I thing that's where peanutt got it).

Peanutt said...

Lol, I love the sentence! I feel like that alot of the time. I'm not a Bitch, just under pressure! LOL, yes, I will be using that in the future!
I did get this from Melissa!
Thanks for playing!
Hugz~

Carrie said...

I liked this book.... I've read pretty much all of her books.... which is good I did it before my daughter was born.

I haven't had time to even DUST the books... much less read any!

Bart Treuren said...

Wondering if this counts...

"Binaire afbeeldingsgegevens zijn half zo groot als ASCII-afbeeldingsgegevens, maar binaire afbeeldingsgegevens leveren soms problemen op als ze worden geprint via een parallelle poort."

OK, so I' m at work and the book next to me is an ffingly boring manual but I followed your instructions to the letter ;-)

Just be glad I wasn't typing on the laptop in bed...

Julie Brown said...

From Communion by Whitley Strieber

"I tried to talk to him, to reassure him that it was all right."

Fun!