Saturday, August 20, 2005

You Know You're In The South When....!!!!!!!


Friends...I have sucked in my posting of blogs this week. My Mom, Baby Mocha, and the first week of school really ROCKED MY WORLd!!!

This makes up for it! Ok, so we went to another AAA Minor League baseball game. It's the thing to do here in Nashville. There was a special Marine Night function, so it was, as we say as wives of Marines, a MANDATORY function. So it was only, once again the hottest day of the year. WE had a heat index of 105. So I wasn't thrilled, but had to fake it.

Here's the funny thing. ONLY in the south would you find the hokiest give aways ever. Last night was no exception. That's right guys....last night we got a freebie.

A JOHN THE BAPTIST BOBBLEHEAD!!!!!!

WTF?

There's a whole disciple themed bobblehead set, for those interested. LOL...alll together now...laugh!
XOXO
Christie

10 comments:

Jen said...

That's crazy, and pretty darn funny. Wonder how much you can get for it on ebay??

Erik Holtan said...

Actually, it is a cool little pretty cool bobblehead!
But blending the two would be site to see! At least from the Marines I know! and the Baptists I know!
Hope you all have a great day in the south!

Marie said...

Hahahahahahaha!!! I've never seen anything quite like THAT before. John the Baptist? LOL...that's quite interesting.

Christie E. Little said...

Jen..We should ask Heather she has the collection!

Heather Hunny....of course you do! LOL!!!!!

The funnier thing is...who goes on ebay and says.."hmmm I think I'll look for a John the Baptist Bobblehead!"

Erik, Not only were there Tons of Baptists...There were $1 Drafts. YOu know how Marines are fish.

Marie hunny...welcome to the South.

Laura said...

Okay, I lied.. I am missing the Apostle Paul. Without him, the set is incomplete...

Why are you staring at me? Stop staring at me, dangit.

;)

Peanutt said...

Interesting....very, very interesting gift! LMAO! I know you'll stick it to the dashboard of the new Jeep! LOL.
Have a great day honey!!!

Christie E. Little said...

Peanutt...better idea...

I'll just send it to Heather my Ebay queen. She can add it to her collection!
LOL..Kidding H.

Mama Duck said...

No f'in' way!!!!!

That's cool.

I surely wouldn't buy it, but holy smokes, you CANNOT find a funnier give-away than that.

Is this first in a series? If so, you should keep going to collect them all.

Charlie Mc said...

Damn, just the disciples? I was hoping for a Moses bobblehead.

LizzieDaisy said...

OMGosh... you could get the whole set across your dash and never have an accident. Or maybe they would bobble too much and it'd distract you. Hm. Worth a shot though right?

Seriously though, JTB and baseball... someone come up with a connection for me cause even as a PK, I'm batting .000 here. Now if it'd been "Baptist's Day" like you said Christie, maybe it would have fit :) but on "Marine Night" they probably could have given away about any other apostle away... Thomas, John, Simon Peter, Andrew, or James... geesh, practically any of them... and at least they would have been fisherman and it'd made tons of sense.

Yeah.