Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Will the keys work..?!


The hubby keeps coming home late. So, no picture of the cute little car. However...here is a pic of my keys! LOL. If nothing else you can see my cute key chain. That's a little leather coach key ring thingy. My Y card, my market card, my van...and the new all in one key. Pretty cool.

Just wanted to pass that on. Anyhoo...today was a shocker for me. Kelsey got her hair cut yesterday. School starts on the 15th...and you all know I'm in back to school mode. She didn't want it cut, but we went anyway.

She came out looking 15! OMG! This morning she then put a little eye shadow on...followed by light mascara on the top lashes...and yes....legs from ground to the sky. Help me now! I will get pics for tomorrow. Mommies and Daddies.....welcome to preteen hood! Then we went by the school (yes the one that has 8th graders) and I became sad. It's just gone by so fast. DON'T GET ME WRONG...we're ready for school to start. No homeschooling here! It's just sad she's on her way to her next adventure.

Oh and trust me...the make up is not happening. She thinks because she has her "friend" now that make up is the next step! Ugh No! Ok, maybe a little light light shadow...and some gloss. LOL. Yep...I'm a pushover!
Love you guys...
XOXO

10 comments:

Marie said...

Your daughter sounds adorable. I can imagine how she must want to look "older" and cool. ;) I remember only being able to wear a bit of lip gloss at her age too.

Thanks for showing us the keys to your new car! I want to see the car next time, baby. ;)

High Power Rocketry said...

Nice keys... :P

Christie E. Little said...

If the hubby would cooperate then we'd be in business.

She is a bit much sometimes..lol. Do I really have a 10 year old?

Christie E. Little said...

Julia..I'm loving every minute of it. She's just such a sweet beautiful girl.
XOXO
C

Erik Holtan said...

Holy Cow!
I hit this thing at 12000 visits, so that must mean I am the 12000th visitor! Cool!

Me said...

I can't wait to see pics! My co-worker has a 13 year old and says all the time how she thinks she can wear make-up now and shave and yadda yadda. It's funny to listen to her. I'm not looking forward to that!

Mama Duck said...

Get out the chastity belt and lock her in a tower.

That's my plan for when Peanut and The Duckling hit the teenage years.

Christie E. Little said...

You guys just wait! They turn into mini-me's! I hear myself come out of her mouth. She just came down and said..."Mommy I couldn't decide on which skirt to wear, so I chose the mini. Cute isn't it?" LOL!

My girl! Love her!
XOXO
C

Peanutt said...

I guess once you get your 'friend' that means your an adult??? Yikes, before you know it you'll be sipping christi-tinis together!!! Makes me sad, my youngest is starting kindergarten and I'm having a hard time with that!! Let alone being close to driving!!!! Thats okay honey, keep smiling, we're aging gracefully!!!!
BTW...that key looks awfully familiar.....LOL.

Dottie said...

FUN FUN FUN Christie! The preteen years become our moments of truth, don't they! Those little princesses start sounding just like us and acting like people we don't know, all at the same time. I swear I never huffed and stomped, rolled my eyes or slammed my door! I SWEAR! :) It truly is a fun and emotional time, enjoy!