Thursday, August 18, 2005

Aaaah Thursday!

How many of you wait until the gas light comes on in the car to Fill UP? Ughhhh, Guilty!

I must say that my husband can handle many of my quirks, but let me tell you..he sooo doesn't get the fact that I know just how far I can let it go until I fill up. Hmmm. I know why it is. I don't do gas. Somehow I work it so he always ends up filling my car with his money...even though my gas is worked into my allowance. LOL. For some of you...yes...it is all "OUR" money. It's just easier for him to plan my "spending" out before hand. He also infuses my account when I sweet talk him. So don't think I'm a total Yes woman. I'm sooo not.

Well today this habit of mine came back to bite me in the ass! Somehow I'm totally wrapped up in life and I never botherred to tell him I needed gas. Hmmm. So now I'm on E...to the bottom of the line. I'm going to have to take my money and splurge for a little gas. Problem #1 I've overspent this week. Problem #2 Costco is too far away. Finally #3 I'm going to have to go spend 2.67 for Gas! UGH! Yes this sucks.

I guess the fabric store will have to wait. LOL! Such sacrafices!

As you can tell, I have nothing. Just letting you all know that getting gas is just right there at the bottom of my list! I will also take the non feminist approach of ....it's such a guy's job. He's not here quite a bit so I'm forced to get it, but when he is...it's like I refuse to give in! :)
XOXO
Christie

11 comments:

Me said...

Gas prices are so the hot topic at the moment. They REALLY suck! We've got $2.80 here. Ugh! I hate it!!!

Hope you're having a good day sweetcakes!

Marie said...

Ugh...gas prices make me want to cry. ;-) I hear ya, girl!

I hope you are having a good day, filling up and all. hehe

Jewl said...

I hate getting gas, more than ever now with a kid. It is a pain and it takes planning...UGH. It really is almost not worth it going out between gas prices and getting the kid ready and planning everything out...

Mama Duck said...

I have to admit that when I get to 1/4 of a tank I freak out and fill up. I'm so scared to run out of gas and be stuck somewhere with two screaming children!!!

Fej said...

Gas is expensive now. I happen to have a 44 gallon tank in my rather large vehicle. That helps in that I can go two weeks without having to fill-up, and I drive a lot...

Peanutt said...

I'm with Mama Duck and generally fill up when I reach 1/4 tank. I especially make sure I have gas in my Jeep since that blackout we experienced where 5 states went out! I was on E and could't fill up and it took me 4 hours to get home and its generally a 1/2 hour trip! But I know that with the prices it makes you less likely to stop!!!

Unknown said...

I HATE getting gas. I hate that awful feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when I think about how much it's going to cost. I hate how I have to stop instead of rushing home to be with my little man. I especially hate it in the winter time when I have to get out of the car and do the continuous bounce to stay warm while it's pumping. UGH!

Taylor said...

It's Friday now...so TGIF!!!!

Happy Happy Weekend!

:)

Kari said...

Filling up sucks lately!

Lucky Lum said...

I try to plan it so I'm on empty on the weekend so when we all go out together my hubby looks at the gage and has to fill it up for me. tee hee
One of the cool things about my Volvo is that it tells me how many miles I can go before I run out of gas.
(I've discovered even when you're on E and the gas light is on, you still have about 35 miles left.)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »