Sunday, April 24, 2005

Oh my!

Ok, TMI!

"Mommy, what's a virgin?"

Do you think I was even close to being ready to asnwer that?!!! GO ahead start laughing. I, who is never without words for anything, was speechless.

My precious daughter was there holding my US magazine with a story on Britney Spears. I love my smut, but it's soooo not ok for my 10 year old. Ugh. What did I do?

It was a simple answer from and she said ok. She put the magazine down and walked away to "play" lol. God help me.

There is the start of my day. :)

XOXO
C

6 comments:

Lori said...

Weehaw! Aren't kids fun!?!?

I would have said it's a drink with tomato juice and a stick of celery! LOL

Tammy said...

Oh yikes....my girls are 10 and 11...this is what I have to look forward to? HELP!

Christie E. Little said...

Just so everyone so you get a good idea of my daughter, who is 10 1/2...she's a straight A student and a young 10 1/2. She reads one article in a magazine about Britney and boom!

UGH! I just breezed over the subject, but was honest. She's not mentioned it once, since then. Oh my! At least I have an open relationship with her where she can ask me anything. I'm too young for this. That's all I can say.

LOL.

Lori said...

Our kids are impressionable. It's good you are open and receptive to her questions. Because they are learning stuff younger and younger. And you don't want them getting the wrong info from their 'expert' friends.

Hey Christie...you alright? You haven't posted in a few days...feeling any better?

Bart Treuren said...

Hmmm... tell me about it. My 8 year old, seeing her 15 year old sister who came home at the end of the afternoon with her new boyfriend, asks her point blank if they've already been kissing or fooling around... sigh, mortification abounding ;-)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »