Friday, April 22, 2005

It started with a bang...

This morning started with thunder and lightening like it was going out of style. It was a good old fashioned thunderstorm. All the kids wanted to know was if I thought school would be out today for a "Rain Day." It may sound crazy, but they were convinced since they stayed home on snow days that for sure it was a good idea to stay home during a horrible thunder and lightening storm. My sweet kids. They tried.

The house is looking sparkly and I'm feeling like I've accomplished quite a bit today. The endorphines are pumping and things are looking up. There's so much to be said about depression and that's a story for another day. Today is a good day.

Well, I'm off to fold the laundry...and be the yummy domestic goddess that I try to be, because Superwoman is sooo not what it's chalked up to be.
XOXO
C

6 comments:

Bart Treuren said...

Hmmm... interesting title, leaves the mind wandering where it shouldn't be...

Bart Treuren said...

Seriously though, I can understand the apprehension although I've always enjoyed a good Thunder and Lightening Show... it's so elemental and aweing...

Hope you're on top now... the roller coaster of modern day life isn't all it's cracked up to be... hmmm...
:-)
Bart

Christie E. Little said...

I'm cracking up...keep your mind out of the gutter.

I'm slowly heading to the top of the coaster. I'm feeling optimistic. That's a really good thing. Hope. I have hope.

Fej said...

I like the rain too, but just not too much. I think you know what I mean.

Christie E. Little said...

Sign me up for the secret handshake. I promise I have way to contact the mean girls. :)

It has to be the time of year right now. So many people are suffering from depression. I finally felt better than just ok yesterday.

And let's see, about 10 I was craving chocolate and all I had were pretzel sticks and healthy stuff. So, no to the stepford wife idea of cookies and baked stuff. LOL
C

Bart Treuren said...

Holly, as a struggling poet I think everything I do is per verse ;-)