Saturday, January 14, 2006

What to do when my Chargers aren't in the playoffs...

Hmmmmmm let's see. I miss So Cal. I miss my Chargers. I miss the traffic...yes the traffic (ok..only sometimes.) I miss driving up the coast. Ok, the rant is over.

Now, here's the quandry. Am I being too much of a chick because I want to watch Ice Skating? The Patriots and Broncos are on, but hell isn't that why we have TIVO? Ok Ok...I do love football, but cheering for Broncos doesn't do it for me. I miss my Chargers. I love my underdog team. They soooo fucked up their season. They beat the damn Patriots!!!!

I guess I'll tivo my Ice Skating...not that I'm so into it, but it's the Olympic season and it's gets really catty.

Anyone reading anything good right now? I have had my fill of smut for my few weeks. I want something juicy and good. Give me ideas. The whore needs a book. LOL..just a book whore my sweeties.

XOXO
C

9 comments:

Mathieu said...

Books?

The dard tower - Stephen King
You've got seven books to keep you busy.

I wonder if they're up your alley though...

Good day.

Anonymous said...

Did you read the Shopoholic books yet? Or what about Save Karyn. Ok, maybe I am a little partial to both of them.

Christie E. Little said...

michelle...leighann you two are great! Leighann, I've read all the shopaholic books..lol. So yes, you have the right idea. I'll look for Saving Karyn. Michelle, I've looked at the Irish Trilogy...mmm I might just try that.

I knew all I had to do was ask! Thanks you guys.

Dottie said...

I just finished "Confessions of A Shopoholic" and am reading "She's Come Undone". I am behind on reading! I love the entire Diana Gabaldon "Outlander" Series. Slow start on the first one but they will suck you in and you'll be addicted. I need to make it to B&N to get the lastest one.

Thank goodness DH is not so much a football fan, we'll watch the big games but not every week! :)

Christie E. Little said...

Dottie...you need to read the rest of the shopaholic books. I loved them. She's just sooo funny.

I have heard the Diana Gabaldon books are great. Such great ideas.
xoxo
C

Lucky Lum said...

Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds was fantastic! Now I'm reading the Kite Runner...so far so good.
Let me know what you pick up.

Mama Duck said...

Ice skating is fun to watch because I know I could never do it, but yet I like to pretend that I have enough knowledge to be a judge.

I'm reading "Down Came the Rain" by Brooke Shields (finally...) and like it so far...only on page 40ish, but she has a very real style of writing.

Mathieu said...

The Basket Maker

You might like that one.
It was runner up for book of the year last year.

Got any good suggestions of yours?

LizzieDaisy said...

sorry about the chargers... my son was cheering for them and not for our wonderful colts. sellout. :)

in pain again so no more to say but miss ya

xoxo