Tuesday, January 10, 2006

WHAT I DID OVER CHRISTMAS VACATION...BY CHRISTIE L.

After all the presents were wrapped it was all about waiting for the smiles. Oh the smiles, the laughing...the "Mommy can you get the Barbie out RIGHT now." I pulled ever single Barbie out of those horrible cardboard cases. The twist ties weren't going to stop me. My fingers would recover. A manicure was only a phone call away.

So one after another, the toys were ripped open. My fingers were shredded. The husband, it seems, is only capable of battery insertion. Hmmmmm...oh and anything technical was the oldest's job. LOL. She's so good like that. Legos, Starwars Xbox, blocks, babies, Barbies, an Ipod....Santa was very good!

I'm sitting here thinking of Christmas and now New Years. I found a quote in the Benjamin Franklin book about Resolutions. It was a great quote from a 20 year old Franklin. Did he also invent the idea of a Resolution? I'm not sure...but he did come up with something great. Here it is. His "Plan For Future Conduct."
1. it is necessary for me to be extremely frugal for some time, till I have paid what I owe.
2. To endeavor to speak truth in every instance; to give nobody expectations that are not likely to be answered, but aim at sincerity in every word and action-the most amiable excellence in a rational beiing.
3. To apply myself industriously to whatever business I take in hand, and not divert my mind from my business by any foolish project of suddenly growing rich; for industry and patience are the surest means of plenty.
4. I resolve to speak ill of no man whatever.


How come I couldn't come up with something 1/50th as good! I hope you all are having a fabulous 2006 and your poor little fingers are recovering from all those little gifts!

Finally, one more thing...
I've missed you guys. I will write more later. I'm just tired and getting things back to normal. I need a vacation...:) LOL!

12 comments:

LizzieDaisy said...

Vacation my butt... :)

Those were good "resolutions." I blew mine already, though they weren't resolutions... I made up a calendar of how to spend my time and am supposed to be at the gym right now. And tanning. But I'm in MASSIVE pain. Even with 3 advil. Sniff. My arm STILL from whatever I did to it... think it's a nerve and it's getting way worse. Down to my wrist as of this am.

I'm taking a blog break. Probably just today though. Hee.

Mathieu said...

Hey, who doesn't!

Good resolutions! So you're back from that fine vacation of yours. How was that?

[Mat] holding is breath

Christie E. Little said...

First of all miss lizzie...go to the doctor! I know we hate it, but you need too. Secondly...I'm tan, in flip flop withdrawls...and most of all soooo wanting my waiter and butler back to serve my every whim! LOL

Oh you guys i'm soooo rested.

Mama Duck said...

Wait...pictures...I think we were promised pictures of the warm weather and blue water...where are the pictures!?!?!?

Christie E. Little said...

i'm going to grab the camera and post the pictures!

Jeez you little nudges!

BTW...MD...I was in the Airport in Houston and I thought of you. I sooooo wanted to get you a Tshirt. It was so cute and hey it would match your little size 2 pants..lol. :)

Anonymous said...

Great quote, I am going to try and speak truth at every instance and be industrious.

erin

Unknown said...

I hate todays packaging. Everything is about display not play.

Jewl said...

Welcome back chick! Now hurry up and post some pictures!!!!

Choppzs said...

Welcome back!!! I hope your little vaca was good!! I have been checking periodically and it was weird to not see a new post everyday!! lol

Lucky Lum said...

Cool, you're back!!
Now spill the beans about your fabby vacation!

Mathieu said...

pictures!

we want pictures ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great site Clips of big asses