Friday, January 13, 2006

James...This Book Whore Wants To Believe You!


Edited 2:35 PM!!! Before you start reading, the parts of James Frey's MLP are about 18 pages. They're to do with the arrests and jail parts. I guess it wasn't "as bad" as he wrote. I'm really not as upset as I sound..lol. I guess I need to preface posts like this with a PMS warning! :) I do love that book..I soooo want to believe him.

Call me wuss. Tell me I have a bleeding heart. I wear my heart on my sleeve? Of course I do. It's me....always rooting for the underdog. I give the homeless guy on the corner $20 without thinking. I've been known to give the illegals money in the baby aisle at Vons with stress in their eyes over the cost of diapers. It's me. It's who I am. Guilty..

So now comes the "truth" that James Frey made up some of his book, Million Little Pieces. . Lizzie and I started our Book Club because of this book. Keep Holing On...the mantra of November and December. All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!

Oprah doesn't think it's that big of a deal. He said there were only about 18 pages in question. I don't give a fuck. I bought it hook line and sinker. I cried with him, really wept with Leonard. I just don't know. I will say it and stick to it...Million Little Pieces is one of the best books I've read. It's in my top 10.

James James James, This Book Whore...doesn't like lies. Come on baby...no screwing was necessary. I don't know. I'm not a "critic." I'm a lover of books. You have this way of hooking me in with your writing.

Yes friends...my name is Christie. I'm a founding member of our Blogger's Anonymous group..and yes a Book Whore, as well. Who knew!

XOXO
Christie

8 comments:

Mathieu said...

so some part is fake...

Most of it is real. My guess? the family part.

To my mind, it was the part that made the least sense. Did he say which part it was?

LizzieDaisy said...

been getting emai articles abiout this for a few days... good book as fiction or memoirs, but why not just have said so from 1st? my guess is the book company said do it that way not thinking anyone would ever check or care (as in not oprah book club). stupid move. i woulda cried just as much if it was all made up, but im like that. some arent.

okay, too hard to type so im done. :)

LizzieDaisy said...

it's some people's reality which makes it true (he was there and probably used observation for some of it) on some level. which is why everyone took to it so well. like i said, shoulda just put the disclaimer in and ponied up at the beginning.

the two articles...

The slam
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0104061jamesfrey1.html

The better article
http://articles.news.aol.com/entertainment/article.adp?id=20060111133709990009&cid=

dang this hurts... i'm just lonely. :)

Christie E. Little said...

I think I should have posted a PMS disclaimer on the post..LOL! :)

I would hae loved the book just as much either way, too.

Liza..I'm a loser. With all the craziness that book is in the back of my car in the bubble package. I'm sorry. If you still want it..i'll just drop in the box tomorrow.
xoxo
C

my two cents said...

One book whore to another: it WAS a fabulous book and who cares if he took a little poetic license? The point was about the addiction recovery anyway. I CRIED and CRIED like a member of my family had died. :```-( The book touched me in a way no other book has. I now need to go get the Tao book and the My Friend Leonard follow up book.

The biggest things I got out of the book were: "Just hold on" and "It is what it is." My new mantras.

Can I join the book club??? It is exclusive or do you take other book whores like me? (The receptionist at the chiropractor today asked how I found time to read. I told her I read all the time, even while I'm brushing my teeth!!

And we all want to know some stories about the trip. What was funny? What touched you the most? What do you wish you could bring home? (Just a few Q's to get you started.)

D

Lucky Lum said...

The fact that he embellished a bit on minute parts of the story doesn't change the story itself. Not for me anyway.

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! laptop hard drive 40 ice cream machine soft serve Cooking school on long island Compass business cards weider fitness product Kevin ingram basketball england virus scanner and removers machineries for digital printing Relief for eczema Celebrity upskirts pictures antibiotic dosing for rosacea Aqua el unimax pro filter Stars with xxx videos Mature chinese busty construction management courses sunflower cable lawrence kansas Fitness weight loss diet digital photographs where to print in store starflex banner material for digital printing winnipeg rhinoplasty

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Skin care toner Motoniveladora fiat allis