Wednesday, February 24, 2010

That Damn Estrogen!

It's been a long road to get here. I've always ...always...had ovarian cysts. I can actually date the first one back to 7th grade. I went to the ER for what my mom thought was my appendix and it turned out to be a cyst on my ovary. What did we do? Nothing.

Then 1992 arrived and I had another episode. That time my doctor decided to do an emergency "draining" of the grapefruit sized cyst. Long story short...many more instances of finding cysts. Nothing made them go away. In 2007-08 I had horrible pain and episodes of cyst/ovarian pain. What was the decision of the doctors then? Wait and See.

I'm here to offer some information to those of you who may have not be aware of this, but the years can lead to endometrial cancer. The estrogen feeds the endometrium and can make lots and lots of blood. This can lead to a thickening of lining of the endometrium. Go ahead and throw in fat cell that also feed on estrogen and that can lead to endometrial cancer.

Lesson of the story is this. Don't just take a wait and see approach, just because that's what a doctor might say to do. Get more opinions. I knew something was wrong for years, but just listened and did what the doctor's told me to do. Now here I am getting ready for a uterine biopsy after 9 straight weeks of bleeding. I'm sure everything will be fine, but it still pisses me off immensely.

I do feel better, though, now that I've vented!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're creating problems yourself by trying to solve this issue instead of looking at why their is a problem in the first place.

Christie E. Little said...

wow and who are you?

Choppzs said...

Someone doesn't have the balls to state their name. Why don't you shut your damn mouth and mind your business.

Sorry Girl, don't mean to curse on your blog! You can delete this if you want! lol

april said...

It's okay Christie, you can't really take someone seriously who uses the wrong form of "there" in "their" criticism ...

Dorie said...

I agree with the last 3 posts.
Seems like post #1 maybe needs to figure out why they're (correct usage) up at 3am posting on random blogs- dealing out useless babble.
I love to read your blog and while i don't agree with everything you post; I still enjoy your writings.Please keep doing what you are doing and ignore "Anonymous".

Christie E. Little said...

You guys crack me up so much! There vs Their! April I should have noticed that sooner. I know I had a few fragments, but I was writing with the pissed/scared fingers. I've been sick and freaked out lately. Hence, the being mad at the doctor's wait and see approach to gynecological healthcare. This advice came from military and civilian doctors. Now I'm faced with the biopsy on Monday and having a moment or two. :) I'm sure everything is fine, but the uterus is funky. We'll see what happens. Oh and yes, Anonymous go and fuck yourself. I feel better. :)