Friday, August 29, 2008

Vacation and Recovering

So were on vacation at a great beach and I can hear the waves crashing outside as I type. That's where I've been MIA. Before that, however, I had some oral surgery done. Get this my friends...I now have some serious nerve damage in my mouth! It's horrible. It's excruciating. I have no idea if it's going to recover, but I'm now into my my second week of recovery and the pain is as bad as the first day. There's no infection and that's wonderful. It's the nerve that my wisdom teeth were next to that seems to be the problem. Hell..it's all I can say.

I'm probably one of the most positive people you'll meet. Probably unrealistically positive living in my bubble sometimes. This pain just scares me. Here I am on a great vacation and I'm having a really rough time. I never thought I'd have something wrong with me that would affect my daily life...now I know what it's like. Health is something not to be taken for granted. I am staying hopeful that this is temporary.

I am off to put the bathing suit on and have one more cup of coffee. There's nothing that takes the edge off like watching my beach babies in those waves.
Love,
Christie
xoxoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh no on the nerve, that sucks bigtime, enjoy the beach though